Once you receive a nomination, here are the rules:

1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. You cannot “tag back” the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you & see whom you nominate.
So here are 11 random things about me:
1. I coached basketball for several years at our local high school.
2. I am a grandmother with a 6 month old granddaughter named Emma who is so fun to entertain.
3. I love to read anything I can get my hands on.
4. I like to be outside and enjoy walking and gardening.
5. I went to college to be a lawyer and ended up in the classroom which I don't regret for one minute.
6. I love the ocean and the beach and try to go on vacation to see it at least once a year.
7. My family is full of educators- aunts, uncles, sisters, cousins are all in the education field.
8. I love cheesecake and seafood.
9. My birthday is on St. Patrick's Day so I can celebrate in green.
10. I am a big sports fan but especially follow the NY Giants- Go GMEN!
11. I am afraid of all kinds of creatures- snakes, dogs, spiders, birds.
My Questions from It's Raining Resources
1. What is your favorite holiday tradition? My favorite holiday tradition is opening one present on Christmas Eve.
2. How do you get to school each day? I only live 3 miles from school so it's a quick drive in my BMW.
3. What is a management tip/strategy that never fails for you? Students love any reward system so I like a new one each month. At Christmas we make behavior chains and attach them to our desks( in groups of 4). Each week we count to see which group has the longest and then can get a reward. you have to find what your students like then choose a reward they will work toward.
4. How many countries have you been to? I have only been to Canada but it's only five miles from my home as we live very close to the border.
5. What is the best book you've ever read? I couldn't choose- there are so many good ones.
6. Why do you teach? I teach because I love it!
7. Red licorice or black? Red- cherry bites (of course)
8. What do you do to pass time on long car trips? I usually listen to music or talk incessantly about nothing at all.
9. What are your thoughts on homework? I feel all students need some practice especially in math but not too much so they can't explore other parts of their life/ develop interests.
10. Staying home or visiting others for the holidays? I am staying home but will see alot of my family. My parents are in Florida so I will miss seeing them.
11. What is your favorite dessert? My favorite dessert is cheesecake.
My Nominated blogs:
Here are my questions for you.
1. If you had lots of time and no financial worries what would you do?
2. What is the best part of teaching?
3. What hobbies do you enjoy?
4. Are you ready for the Holidays or a last minute shopper?
5. What was the best vacation/ trip you ever took?
6. Share the funniest kid story you have since teaching.
7. Do you have any pets?
8. Do you have any tattoos?
9. What kind of music do you listen to?
10. If you could invite someone to have lunch with you who would you invite?
11.What do you watch on tv?
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHello Mrs. Barcomb! I am so excited that you nominated my blog! I just changed my blog's name from Savvy Second Graders to Second Grade, but First Class. Check it out to learn a little more about me and to become a follower on my site. I just began following you. Happy Blogging!
ReplyDeletehttp://secondgradebutfirstclass.blogspot.com/